dudley zoo reviews

Posted 0 comments

to walk away from the tiger enclosure before I started to cry! But this was no real issue. Gradually they are improving the zoo pens etc and this shows since my previous visit. We have now undertaken a risk assessment and opened up the main restaurant for visitors to sit inside with extra hygiene and safety measures in place. The Lemur's were a delight and this area is much improved since our last visit. Thank you for visiting our Zoo and for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. Toilets are always clean. Thank you for visiting our Zoo and taking the time to leave a review. Dudley Zoo in the heart of the West Midlands prides itself on having some 1300 animals, close on 200 species, and some of the rarest animals on the planet. Dudley Zoo and Castle: Dudley Zoo - See 2,451 traveler reviews, 1,781 candid photos, and great deals for Dudley, UK, at Tripadvisor. by Life With 2 Tots; Posted on May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018; Dudley zoo is a obviously a zoo that is obviously located in Dudley to state the obvious. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your visit, as we do have a large amount of positive feedback from regular visitors. Dudley zoo is lovely now, far better than it used to be. I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again sometime. Booked in advance, parking a breeze, one way covid system with map actually worked very well. Tiny, tiny pens, and you can see where all of the animals just pace back and forth in one area as the grass has worn away. We know the importance of apprentices they’ve been an integral part of our workforce since Dudley Zoo opened its doors in 1937 and 78 years on we’re continuing to mentor and train local workers across all … The Zoo is hilly (due to it being situated in castle grounds which were often built at the top of hills) and I'm glad that you were pleased with the one way system and social distancing measures we have in place. I would say that maybe a marquee could be put up by the cafe. Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. keep them amused. I can assure you that the Orang utan you refer to is well looked after, well thought of and his needs are met. We travelled down from Manchester to visit and we weren't disappointed either. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Sorry, there are no tours or activities available to book online for the date(s) you selected. It contains 12 modernist animal enclosures and other buildings designed by the architect Berthold Lubetkin and the Tecton Group. Don't get me wrong, it's not in the same league as some of the more famous zoo's in the UK but it's slap bang in the middle of Dudley. He is 42 years of age and although he has access to his indoor and outdoor enclosures at all times, he prefers to sit in the window and people watch. I apologise if a member of catering staff was rude to you. The Quality Hotel Dudley offers free WiFi, free parking, and a restaurant and bar. Nearest Public Transport. Response from dudleyzoo2015, Manager at Dudley Zoo and Castle. Using reinforced concrete they created a revolutionary new design of building: Tectons. Your support is appreciated. I will pass on the comments to our catering company. We are undertaking an improvement programme and although we have made vast improvements in many areas the site is large so this is gradual process and has been impacted by the extra measures we have needed to take in relation to the Covid pandemic. Hotels near Saltwells Local Nature Reserve, Hotels near (BHX) Birmingham Intl Airport, Black Country Living Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, Saltwells Local Nature Reserve: Tickets & Tours‎, Baggeridge Country Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Brockswood Animal Sanctuary: Tickets & Tours‎, Dudley Museum and Art Gallery: Tickets & Tours‎, Shri Venkateswara Temple: Tickets & Tours‎, Wren's Nest National Nature Reserve: Tickets & Tours‎. We had a Groupon voucher (well worth looking out for) which made the entr, This is a wonderful place to go excellent value for money great for families recommend there is loads of animals to see easy to get about and the chair lift is a great idea, Castle Hill Castle Hill Dudley West Midlands, Dudley DY1 4QF England, We visited on the Thursday of half term. All COVID measures were in place which was good - masks in indoor places, hand sanitiser dotted around etc, plus a 1 way system in place. Toilets are always clean. I agree with other reviews that the orangutan looked very unhappy in his environment. The drinks and food were expensive so maybe take your own. Just means we will have to go back to see them. Using reinforced concrete they created a revolutionary new design of building: Tectons. Very friendly staff except for the guy on entrance gate 2. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip overall and your comments have been noted regarding the member of staff. There's lots of benches and play areas as well. We visited on the Thursday of half term. Thank you for visiting our Zoo and for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I would urge anyone to support this Zoo. Google. United Kingdom 18 contributions 7 helpful votes. I know zoos aren’t as good as safari parks and should’ve expected as much but it was worse than I imagined. 2,534 reviews. We are unable to undertake many of our lovely events and hands on experiences but have made adjustments to ensure that we still provide an enjoyable but safe day out. Share. The enclosures are shocking for the animals, it’s so depressing to see. Don't get me wrong, it's not in the same league as some of the more famous zoo's in the UK but it's slap bang in the middle of Dudley. Lovely day out to see the animals. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon. So much thought into the layout and care for visitors and animals safety alike. I've been… Thank you for a great day out. United Kingdom 18 contributions 7 helpful votes. Had a really nice day out here. Glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again. andrewcross190 wrote a review Feb 2020. The car park was quite difficult to find. Dudley Castle, part of the Dudley Zoo complex; magnificent, stunning views, historic remains and a fascinating visitor centre opened by HM Queen Elizabeth II in June 1994. We visited during the Covid-19 isolation measures being in place and we felt safe throughout the park, largely due to the well introduced one-way … There wasn’t to many people, plenty of hand gel around. Reviews from Dudley zoological gardens employees about Dudley zoological gardens culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. We were a little worried as this was our first proper Day out since Lockdown, but we needn't have worried. Thank you for visiting our Zoo and for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. more, Response from dudleyzoo2015, Manager at Dudley Zoo and Castle. Reviews are important to us. Dudley Zoo and Castle: Orangutan Experience - See 2,533 traveler reviews, 1,894 candid photos, and great deals for Dudley, UK, at Tripadvisor. Your support is appreciated. Thank you for your lovely feedback. Your support is appreciated. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon. by Life With 2 Tots; Posted on May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018; Dudley zoo is a obviously a zoo that is obviously located in Dudley to state the obvious. 2532 reviews. So many animals to see. . Bewdley, United Kingdom 28 contributions 7 helpful votes. (Been in last 6 weeks) The zoo at Drayton Manor is horrific. It was a lovely day and and nice walk up down the Zoo however it is very hilly and the cable cart wasn’t working or closed for some reason apart from that it is a nice and friendly zoo. Notes for people thinking of coming: it is a long day out, so come early as it takes several hours to get round. We are pleased that you had fun and hope to see you again soon. A visit to West Miss Safari Park is much more satisfying and they also do much more conservation work. I had been to Dudley zoo as a child but didn’t really have much memory of it. 5 stars and the man Adam that was talking to us about them was fab! Good visit Dudley Zoo is definitely worth visiting while in Dudley. Reviews from Dudley zoological gardens employees about Dudley zoological gardens culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. Dudley Zoo – Tipton Road, DY1 4SQ Dudley – rated 4.4 based on 8,574 reviews "Just had our Daughters 5th Birthday here and it was so good! Dudley Zoo and Castle: Zoo keeper experience - See 2,534 traveller reviews, 1,892 candid photos, and great deals for Dudley, UK, at Tripadvisor. As we are a charity, we currently have a campaign running to raise £800,000 required for a new Orang utan enclosure. Very hilly which some may find difficult walking around all day. Ignore the bad reviews it's just people being pernickety, much better than Twycross and cheaper too plus you get a castle and a little fair ground too! Date of experience: July 2020. There are also numerous animals in all of the enclosures, but as they have access to their indoor and outdoor enclosures at all times and foliage to shelter away if they wish, they may not be visible at all times. Think we saw everything that was open apart from couldn’t really see the lions from where you could go past. The idea to convert Dudley Castle's grounds into zoological gardens came from its then owner, the third Earl of Dudley, who chose a team of Modernist architects to design the zoo. The sea lions are in little, filthy pools swimming in circles. Response from dudleyzoo2015, Manager at Dudley Zoo and Castle Responded 4 weeks ago I'm sorry you were disappointed with your visit, as we do have a large amount of positive feedback from regular visitors. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip overall and your comments have been noted regarding the member of staff. Thank you once again for visiting and we hope to see you again soon. Some of the buildings are fairly dilapidated and give an air of the park being unkempt. We wanted a nice day out and maybe even a night away so I took to google in a search. I was somewhat dubious visiting Dudley Zoo after reading some of the reviews on this site, however, we were pleasantly surprised. more, Response from dudleyzoo2015, Manager at Dudley Zoo and Castle. Lovely location for this zoo set around Dudley Castle. Animal Experiences at Dudley Zoo … The zoo is expensive to maintain so please support them. By jessicapJ9049SI. Our visit started by seeing gorgeous baby Galada Baboons which were quite a sight! Helpful. Weather was predicted to be awful so it was quiet but it turned out well and we had a pretty much dry day. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

Deliciously Ella Mushroom Walnut Ragu, Genuine Labradorite Bracelet, Box Fan Got Wet, Deep Potato Samosa, Castle Mountain Resort Summer, Papa John Coupons,